I'm still here. Back from vacation 3 weeks and time is slipping through my fingers. All my talk about life in Markounda, I don't think I have written much about work here. It's really all we do. I sometimes have my doubts about it. All the regular office politics magnified by the fact that we all live together, too.
I spent the first half of today processing orders and receptions, clearing my desk and the warehouse for a stock count and a 4 Month reporting cycle. A little break here and there to check on the always problematic refrigeration systems, talk movement and vehicle planning with the head driver. It was only 105°F at lunch today which was a nice little break from the heat we've been having lately. Laying down for a couple minutes after eating, I was pleasantly surprised that it took a whole 12 minutes for my eye sockets to well up with sweat rather than the usual 7 minutes. Then back to work. Trying to track down what medicines went where when we split our child project off on its own too late for our own good.
Anyhow. Just wanted to check in but lately I haven’t been writing much because I feel like I spend all day behind the computer. I miss my ergonomic keyboard. So much for romancing about the mangoes and the drummers and the chickens…
No comments:
Post a Comment