Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Brief Note on Security

16 November 2009

So you have to have an invite to view this blog. This is not because I have some problem with people reading my thoughts or that I am a particularly shy person about sharing my opinions. Cue laughter. The reason for the privacy is that there is a real security issue with information coming from our operations. MSF relies entirely on pointed and careful communication with the parties involved the areas we work to maintain a safe environment for its staff and the community it works for. I know it may sound a little crazy but it happens – rebel groups and governments alike have access to the internet and will search for any information they can find to gather intelligence. People higher up than I am in MSF make the decisions about what gets shared and what doesn't and its for my security, my team's, and the entire organization.
With that in mind, I invite you to read freely here on this blog but please don't share it beyond that. Would that I post some clever story or interesting perception over the course of this adventure, don't copy and paste and forward it to your friends or your Facebook or whatever. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

No comments: